Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Another Productive Day?

So another day has come and gone and I feel like there is little to show for it. The problem is that I start the summer with grand plans of all that I will get accomplished and then just end up getting one thing crossed off the list before I have to go back to work. Usually that one thing is getting the latest edition of Harry Potter read. Maybe it is a good thing that this is the last year I will have that on my to do list.

This year I have a few must get done items. The top of the list is the fort that I have promised the boys I will build. With their "help" of course. I have a book, with complete directions, a materials list and pictures. But still, I am building a structure. Exciting, but daunting. It doesn't help that I feel the need to modify the fort to fit our backyard better. Big, big project, not so much free time. I am ordering supplies next week.

Next up is the remodel of our house, phase one. The turning of the stairs. But once we turn the stairs, the new floors have to go in. So now I have to balance the frugal side of me with the can we please just get it done and pay someone side of me. Verdict: Stairs, we pay, floors, we do ourselves. Thank goodness for floating floors.

Then there are the favorites books. Last year I made a book for my sweetP of all of his favorite things at age 5. I loved it, so this year I need to do it again. Oh, but sweetE needs one too. So two books that show the things they love at this age. I realized last year I was forgetting too much.

And lastly, poor sweetE needs his quilt finished. In my ongoing attempts to prevent him from suffering too much second child syndrome, I am sewing him a quilt. SweetP got one before he was born. I love it. It is special and he is special. SweetE didn't get one, but he is still special. So I am making my first quilt and when you work, parent, live and survive that is not an easy task to get completed. Especially when your room is the pit of despair. It needs to finish being organized before I can get anything properly done in there. So that is also on my must get done list for this summer.

Wish me luck, boy am I going to need it. I remember when just getting a shower was all I needed to feel productive. Lest you think I am complaining, I love the majority of the minutes I share with my boys (potty training aside). They just make it more challenging to be productive. I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments: