Thursday, June 28, 2007

Contagious Cranky

Have you ever noticed that the state of being cranky is contagious? When you are around someone that is just plain out of sorts, it rubs off on you. Then you rub off on everyone else, until you run into someone that is in too good of a mood to ruin. Then sometimes they can even snap you out of it. When I have a headache I am living on the edge anyway. So then even normal amounts of whining and fighting will tip the scales and look out cranky boys, mommy's had enough.

Today was one of those days where all the little things were off. I went to grab my keys off the counter and they fell on the floor. I went out to go to the store with the wrong keys. I couldn't find the stool I wanted to buy for the bathroom. My head hurt. My sweetE has developed the most obnoxious fake cry. But he does it so sincerely and so often. My sweetP went off the deep end more times that an Olympic diver today. It was just a terrible, very bad, no good kind of day. And it rained. Rain is good, except when a much anticipated playdate at the park has to be canceled.

I wonder why some days I am like a duck and all the foul energy just rolls right off and other days I am a sponge and seem to soak it all in. (Not the headache days, those make perfect sense. People in pain are generally more grouchy.) So here is hoping that tomorrow is the opposite of today. To duckiness!

No comments: