Sunday, June 3, 2007

Weekend Blur

Weekends in general seem to fly by so much faster than weekdays. This weekend was particularly bad. I was very productive. I got numerous errands done, several very small but important things crossed off the to do list and got to spend quality time with the boys. Still, my weekends are a one horse town and it seems like most of the time I blink and miss it.

It seems like no good adventure ends easily in our house. After an exhausting (if there was air conditioning, we couldn't tell) afternoon watching the boys run like wild ones through a habitrail for children, we had an injury. A show stopping, great story later, but don't know it now, injury. My sweetP comes back with all of his buddies with a gusher of a head wound. Lucky me. It is a good thing it was me and not Ducky (who tends to over-react) who happened to be the parent in charge of the sweetP. So off we rush to the front to find a restroom and see just how bad it is. Fortunately, I have dealt with head wounds before and know they can seem oh so much worse than they really are. It is very handy to have a former EMT next door to teach you these things, so you don't rush off to the ER when you really don't need to.

In the end, after the blood is washed off, his hand, his hair, his forehead, (I told you it was a gusher) it is just a little puncture wound and good bump. The manager of the habitrail is hovering, making sure that I am not going to flip out, but also produces a bag of ice to help make it better. So we head home to two Tylenol and a Spiderman cold pack and soon life returned to normal. The up side for me, whenever there is an injury, they love to cuddle. Lucky me. My sweetP is fine and back to his usual mostly sweet self.

No comments: