Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Forgetful

I had a great topic for my blog earlier today. I have no idea what it was now. I feel like I am getting dementia. If I don't write it down immediately or do the task when I think of it, I forget. The frustrating part is that I used to have a great memory. I never had to write anything down. Now it only seems like I can remember the things that I don't need to, like useless trivia.

It doesn't help that I have been in class for three straight days and my cup runneth over. I realized that I am really only good for about a half of a day and then bam, I'm done. So by the end of the day today, I was pretty loopy. But I say some funny things. While complaining about how slow things are going, I said. "This river needs some rapids." Which to the other loopy people at the table was pretty funny. Less funny now.

I was also reminded of how every class has people that fill all the stereotypical roles. There are the over eager people that irritate the rest of us. There were several of those, and they tend to make things take longer, much, much longer. There are the hams, most likely out of boredom and to entertain themselves as much as everyone else. There are the jokesters, who will say or do anything to amuse themselves. The difference between hams and jokesters is that the hams are generally on task, but when given the chance they perform and jokesters are just out for the entertainment, regardless of what else is going on. And the sponges, those people who just sit and suck it all in. They don't add to what is going on, they just absorb. They are generally excellent note takers.

And while I am as competitive as the best of them, there comes a point when I just stop caring. Today had that moment on redial. But tomorrow I get to go back to my normal life and routine. Yeah! I did jot down ideas of what I might use, so the time was not a complete waste, but like most other things, I think it could have been accomplished a lot faster. I'd tell you what those ideas were, but I forgot. It is a good thing I wrote them down, on a piece of paper, it is yellow, in my bag, somewhere. I'll find it, eventually.

No comments: