Monday, June 2, 2008

Start Compiling the List


As we all know, my resolution this year is to finish. But sometimes you just have to start stuff too.

As summer is rapidly approaching, I need to compile my summer must do list. My own personal list, not the one of stuff Ducky wants me to do. It will include all those things that flit through my head and I attempt to add it to the mental list. My mental list is coated in teflon and stuff just slides right off, undone of course.

A few of the priority items will include the boys favorites books. We were at the paper store yesterday and I picked up the books. SweetP has strayed from blue for the first time ever. He now says red is his favorite color. Blue should not feel blue, sweetE has taken over letting blue be his favorite.

My room needs some serious attention. It continues to deteriorate into the pit of despair, instead of my creative retreat. Getting it in order may be my top priority.

I also need to work on my hermit tendencies. I need to plan at least one outing for the boys and I each week. Even if it is in town, I need to get us out of the house.

I would love to finish sweetE's quilt. It is cut out, part of it is even sewn. But there is a ways to go. After finishing my room, I think I will try to work on it a half hour a day.

I think that is enough for now. I don't want to overwhelm myself before summer even starts.

2 comments:

laurie said...

oh, boy, do i ever understand this posting!

Carolyn said...

This is hilarious. I could have written most of this post too. (Well except that I don't have two boys named sweetE and sweetP...)

I especially loved the part about your hermit tendencies. I am exactly the same way. We don't have a second car and public transit is terrible, so Csilla and I spend a lot of time at home. I really need to work on this. Thanks for the reminder!