Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Scene of the Crime


You should see my family room. Toy destruction as far as the eye can see. I am in the middle of sorting my children's over abundance of toys. And resolving to buy them much less in the future.

I am putting them in bins, labeling the bins and hoping that they will return to their homes frequently. We are also trying to thin them. SweetP gets the idea and is willing to let lots of toys find new homes. SweetE has suddenly become deeply attached to toys he hasn't touched in months. Tomorrow I will be in full on Mommy persuasion mode.


And if toys taking over one room isn't enough, they have started creating their own Legoland. They are now encroaching on the kitchen. At least their bedroom still looks great.

But in a day or two our house will resume a mostly orderly appearance. Then I can move down the to do list to item number two.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Ah! I have to start this job too. My thoughts are with you. School got out here yesterday, so now the To Do list is beckoning. So glad you survived, Ped. Don't let the b*****ds grind you down. You've done a great job this year and your students will remember you fondly I'm sure.
Let's hope we get some more sun and can have fun outside!

Carolyn said...

Hey! When did you come over and take a photo of my family room? Crazy. I have the same problem. I swear I'm literally fighting off Csilla's toys at the edge of the kitchen. They're like Gremlins. They just keep multiplying!!