Sunday, June 29, 2008

Having a Heat Wave..

Summer arrived full force in the last few days. And because I complain so much about being cold, I try not to say anything about heat.

The boys and I are settling into summer. I am obsessing less about work. I am still obsessing, but just not as much. SweetP is slowly losing the attitude. I am very committed to reminding him when he is employing it and that it is so not okay. Fun mommy is returning.


We took over the family room to make the fort. My sister got the boys this "Invent-A-Tent." They love it. You can put it together any way that you want. The only problem, it takes up the entire room. But they are having fun, so we have a fort for the next few days. I am even invited in occasionally.


We broke out the new sprinkler. We used to have a batman sprinkler. It turned the lawn into a lake around the sprinkler. So I got the boys a new one that squirts water everywhere. The boys had a blast running through it. It watered the lawn and plants really well. The only problem, because you know there had to be one, was that sweetE would get his face wet. He hates to get his face wet. So my job was to sit out of the line of fire, in the shade with a towel so he could dry his face every time it got wet.

We instituted a new tradition in the Ped household. On the first day of summer (after school gets out) where the temperature reaches at least 95 degrees, we shall have ice cream for dinner. The boys loved it, I loved it. No cooking in the heat. We don't have air conditioning, so anything I can do to keep the house tolerable.

And today I got to hold a four day old baby. Our cousins had a new baby. Another member of the cute boy gang. It made me flash back to when my boys were brand new and how sweet and little they were. Now they are big and whiny and demanding and I really love them. And I appreciate that now they are more independent. This morning they let their parent sleep in until 8:30. They really are good boys. So while I miss their baby stage, they are fun right where they are.

1 comment:

Potty Mummy said...

A friend of mine called me today to say that her 10 month old son had just slept through the night for the first time. TEN MONTHS! You're right - my two are great just where they are...