Monday, June 16, 2008

Moving On

I am doing my best to get over the sorry for myself stage of being insulted. And am moving on to the pissed off stage. The "I'll show her how wrong she is" stage. Because I don't suck. So now the back of my brain is whirling away at lesson ideas. I don't have an off switch. So even though it is summer, I am still fully engaged in work.

I officially finished my work at 3 this afternoon. I went in to upload my gradebook to the computer there. I also backed up to the server, because that is just a good idea. I turned in my print requests and walked out the door. Two cute boys in tow. Poor Ducky spent his father's day in full fatherly mode as I worked on grades all day. But I got them done and in.

The boys and I started the summer to do list today. Our house is overrun with toys. The boys are spoiled and we all know it. So we are sorting toys, giving them homes, sending some to new homes. We are finding the missing pieces and restoring order to both the family room and the boys bedroom. Today we finished their bedroom. SweetP is ready to get rid of lots of toys, but sweetE doesn't want to part with much of his newly discovered treasure. We'll see how the next few days fare as we attack the bulk of the toys, currently residing in the family room.

I also finished my first book of the summer. And only two weeks after we discussed it at book group. I sat out on a blanket on the front lawn to supervise the squirt gun fight and read. Thank you summer for making an appearance. Please stick around.

All in all, life is looking up again. At least until the end of August.

2 comments:

RachelC said...

So glad to see you in a better place. Enjoy cleaning out the toys! I'm working on that project when my husband takes the girls to camp for a week!

Kim said...

Such industry on the first day of summer!