Friday, May 25, 2007

Long Weekends

Long weekends are always filled with such promise. There is a whole other day to get stuff done. I am always positive that I will get caught up on something, anything. That rarely turns out to be the case. But still, every time, I have great expectations of what I will accomplish. I did an experiment a few weeks ago where I had an entire day with no expectations. An amazing thing happened, I got more done with no expectations than I ever do when I have a plan.

I wonder if I house some kind of closet rebel? That the mere thought of having to do something makes me dig in my heels and just say no. Even when it is my own idea. Perhaps, the fact that my to do list only seems to grow no matter what I do, makes me just want to throw my hands up and admit defeat. But as a competitive person, admitting defeat is just not an option. So what is a girl to do? With a long weekend ahead, and plenty of options to choose from, do I make a plan or just wing it? I'll let you know.

No comments: