Sunday, May 27, 2007

A Grand Solution

I have come up with a great plan to stay on top of my life. I have been an adult long enough to know how I work best. If the rest of the world would cooperate that would be great.

Last night while making my bed with those new, fabulous, extra deep sheets, I saw a small tear in my quilt. Rather than add it to my very long list of things to do and assuming that I would remember by the next morning. I hauled out the ironing board, the iron, the stitch witchery bonding film and my quilt. I fixed it on the spot (who needs sleep right) and felt highly accomplished. It was a small thing, but it was done. I didn't need to remember that it needed to be done, or have it hovering as something I could or should be doing. If only I could always just take care of things the moment they came up, I can't even think of how that would change my life.

As soon as something needs to be done, I do it. Completely. Just be done. No procrastinating, I am the Queen (self proclaimed) of Procrastination. I need everything to come at me linearly. I am mathematical, so if life would just march at me single file with no pushing, letting me take care of each thing before the next taps me on the shoulder. I could be a well organized, successful, non-frazzled version of myself. Don't get me wrong, in many ways I am well organized and successful. My husband may disagree with the organized part, but we have different methods. I am currently completely overwhelmed and on the verge of just shutting down. It is the end of the school year and just when I think that I can get all of my tasks completed, boom, hello big, involuntary time consuming new project.

Life seems to just bombard me from every angle and I haven't figured out a way to keep up with that. So until life decides to be polite and patient, I'll keep climbing to the top of the to do list and hope for the best.

No comments: