Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Long Days

There is something about adulthood that is exhausting. At least for me. I am not the Energizer bunny type. I don't know if I have cheap batteries or if there is a short somewhere in my system, but I am just not one of those people that can go and go and go. After laundry, dishes, walking to school and back, meals, work, errands and soccer(spectator), I am ready to collapse. Who has time for projects (of which I have many, all uncompleted). Instead, I plan and dream and wait for summer vacation to attempt to get a project done. Today was one of those really long days. It is my own fault, of course, for staying up too late. So the domino effect is in full force and I have designs on a pillow. So until I find the fountain of youth that will give me endless energy, I am off to bed.

Energy note:
I will always believe that boundless energy is wasted on the young and that if we all took naps the world would be a happier place. Or at least it would seem that way from my more well rested perspective.

No comments: