Sunday, May 27, 2007

Little Things

For the most part, it is the little things in life that make or break you. At work, there is one thing that drives me crazy on an almost daily basis. I print stuff all the time. So the fact that most of the time I forget to set my printer correctly for the building that I am in and print to a printer that is miles away is bad enough. But I don't usually notice until I go to pick up my printing and it is not where I thought it would be. This drives me nuts and wastes my time. And time is the one thing I don't have enough of, either at home or work. It is just a little thing, but it aggravates me to no end.

On the other hand, little things can also make my day infinitely better. I finally decided it is time to buy new sheets. Sheets that will fit my mattress. I have been stretching regular sheets onto my thicker mattress for years. And spending that precious commodity of time, tugging and pulling them to cover most of the side of the mattress and hating to get that last corner on. So now I wonder why I waited so long. Installing the new sheets on the bed was easy. No marathon tugging. No visible mattress. Not breaking a sweat to make the bed. What a magical little thing that has made me so happy. I think I will be buying another set of sheets and sending the old ones to Good Will very soon.

No comments: