Thursday, February 25, 2010

Random Ramblings

I should be grading the tests I gave last week and still haven't graded, but instead here I am. I am completely overwhelmed by life at the moment, nothing huge, just a collection of a little of this and a little of that and it totals just a little too much. As long as I remember to breath it will all be just fine.

I am seriously considering going and getting a pint of caramel cone Haagen Dazs ice cream. It is really yummy, but then I would eat the whole thing this weekend. Then I would have to work out more and I don't have time for that until next weekend. So maybe I will exert some willpower and stay home and hope the feeling passes before I go to the store tomorrow.

I got to hold a one day old baby. He squeaked in that adorable way that new babies do. My arms are sore now. I am super happy for my friend and so very glad that it isn't me. I loved my boys when they were babies, but I have no desire to do that again.

I got contacts yesterday, but didn't want to deal with them today. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not until Saturday.

I still haven't finished filling out the application to become full-time. In my defense it is very long and requires memories I have to dig for. I hope to have it done before I leave work tomorrow. Since I am using it to apply within the district I think it is okay that I am using district time to do it. That and I gift them more time than I am using, so it all balances in the end. And come to think of it, I think I was working on it after my work hours anyway.

I need to remember to update my booklist on the side bar before I forget all the books I have read. It seems to be one of the many little aspects of my life that I have been neglecting.

Can't believe that March starts next week. When did that happen? This split week thing that I am living makes the time fly. Spring break is in just three weeks. I want to go someplace fun, but alas I don't think that is going to happen.

I don't like it when bad things happen to good people. My mother-in-law's cancer is back. Doesn't seem fair. She still intends to live to see sweetE graduate from high school. I love her attitude.

I was nearly late to work today because of an accident. An 85 year old woman hit a pedestrian, proceeded to panic and then ran over her twice. And then was worried about losing her license, claiming she was just having a bad day. Did she ever stop to think about the other person's day? I think it was worse than hers. I am sure there is more to the story, but that is all I've got. When I am old, feel free to pull my license before I become a public menace. Sorry if this offends, but elderly drivers scare me. My grandfather used to drive centered on the yellow center line and complain about the other drivers. I would actively pray for everyone's survival, and I don't usually pray.

Even with my delay, I still decided that the stop for coffee was warranted and necessary. I can't say that I am addicted since I generally have decaf, but today I needed the caffeine. I had the worst time getting going this morning.

Have I mentioned my dislike of mornings? And since it will be here long before I am ready, I had better go grade those tests.

2 comments:

JSLindgren said...

Since our conversation was short today, I'm interacting with your blog:
Yoga breathing is really healthful/helpful. Pretend you're Darth Vader and go slow. Ice cream. . . is becoming less appealing for me. This is sad for my tongue, theoretically happy for my waist. New babies (thumbs up)! Contacts save me from headaches caused by glasses pressure. Notice a difference? I like applications. Is this a little OCD? Have you read the rest of The Thief books? REALLY good. I'm so sorry for your mom-in-law -- and the woman hit twice by a car. As Led Zeppelin says, ramble on.

Anonymous said...

It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]seo blackhat[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or not-so-known methods to build an income online.