Friday, May 22, 2009

Taking a Moment

It is late, but I am going to take a moment to be grateful.

It has been a crazy week. But more things went right than went wrong.

• The family is all healthy again!
• My students only drove me slightly nuts this week. They are 5th graders, it is spring, this is to be expected. So all in all, I am happy that I have a pretty great class overall.
• The district feels that all lay-offs and transfers are in place and I am still in the place I want to be.
• Last night two boys were fighting over who got to sit next to me at dinner. It is nice to be loved that much.
• The weather forecast for the long weekend is sunny and warm.
• Phase one of sweetP's room is done. I am ready to move to sweetE's room.
• I am only traveling as far as my backyard this weekend. I will not be sitting in traffic or dealing with crowds. I will be hanging out with my three favorite people in the world.
• The new medicine to prevent the migraines seems to be doing a pretty good job.
• As I see the problems that people around me are facing, I feel pretty fortunate. Life is being pretty kind.

3 comments:

My Aimless Infatuation said...

Glad to hear the migraines are better.May they never return again. Little one's fighting to sit next to you at dinner?AAHHH,the memories,that's true and honest love.Have a great weekend.

JSLindgren said...

Happy weekend! May the sun continue despite the influence of Memorial Day Weekends Past. I think Jeff & boys are freezing on a foggy Mt Diablo, this morning of their Fathers and Sons Campout. A and I went to a girl party. Painted toenails and paper-bead bracelet later, we're well-rested and enjoying a quiet morning.

LCM said...

I am so glad you posted, I couldn't remember what grade level you taught. I was explaining to my daughter why I knew some of the books she was interested in. Have you ever read any of the Gregor the Overlander series by Suzanne Collins? She just wrote The Hunger Games, which would be great for book club.