Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Birds and Bees


I hear the most amazing stories about what happens when I leave the house.

I had to go in to work on Sunday. On Mother's Day, can you believe it. I had to put the projector back and do some bare minimum planning. Not that it did me any good when I had to call in sick on Monday. But, this is the story that was relayed to me about what happened while I was out.

SweetP was playing with one of the boys down the street. Ducky and sweetE were working in the yard. SweetE was running around being his usual helpful self. They were mowing the lawn and pulling weeds and really sprucing up the yard. It looks great. At one point Ducky thought it would be helpful to remind sweetE to be careful of the bees.

To which sweetE replied, "I know all about the birds and bees."

That should make the teens years much easier. One less awkward conversation in my future.

2 comments:

My Aimless Infatuation said...

Good morning,thanks for the smile you brought me. I also raised sons,gotta love them. They have the best "comebacks" in the world.Oh,what a precious time of life your in,cherish it, for it's over so quickly.

JSLindgren said...

What about the follow up? Did D just smile and say, nice!?