Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow Week


So it turned out to be a snow week. And what a glorious unexpected gift it was. Monday had the start of a headache, but upping my liquid consumption took care of it. Otherwise it was headache free and fun. I got projects done. I played games with boys. I lounged. I slept in every day. Some days I was productive, others not as much.

Last night I was running around town picking up supplies for school projects, just in case. I have two tubs of frosting for gingerbread houses. I have a book about fairies for a book exchange. It is time to put work away for more than a week. I am giving myself permission to not think about plans or papers or anything else school related. I am going to enjoy the holidays and time with my family. There are cookies, movies and other fun planned. I'll be spilling the beans here.

2 comments:

-Ann said...

Happy Christmas! Hope you have a fantastic, headache-free week and don't think about school once!

PS - Is that a picture of the snow that shut things down for a week? Seriously? That's a teensy amount.

Jane said...

Happy Christmas. So glad Mother Nature gave you this timely gift. Love your Christmas tree too. We normally get ours 2 weeks before xmas as well. Check out my blog to see what happened this year!