Monday, December 22, 2008

The Fluffy White Stuff Continues

I got up this morning to more snow. This is so very rare in this part of the world. We don't even own a snow shovel, or even a flat shovel. We are well over a foot of snow. It is hard to measure with the layer of ice in the middle. The boys have been out playing in it and came in as little snowmen, covered head to toe.

I sent Ducky to the grocery store last night on foot to pick up a few necessities for Christmas dinner, just in case. We have everything except dessert taken care of.


The pots are completely covered in snow. The van is nearly lost in the snow as well. From the front you can't see it at all. The snow has picked up again. There are dozens of birds gathering in my willow by my bird feeder. I believe I better settle in for the long haul.

All this snow is reminding me of pictures of my early childhood where multiple feet of snow was common. The first four years of my life were spent where people had snowblowers and for good reason. A kid could get lost in all that snow. I think I will go wrap some presents.

3 comments:

laurie said...

unbelievable! but isn't it pretty?

we're suposed to get another half-foot or so tonight and tomorrow.

and it's still bitter cold.

this is a true winter.

Jadie said...

We lost our power for a few hours this afternoon. It wasn't so bad during that time because the kids were out playing in the snow and Schmobie was napping. I was very relieved when it came back on though--I was NOT looking forward to a cold night w/o the heater!

Kim said...

We have the cold, the gray skies, but no snow. I feel cheated!