Thursday, November 19, 2009

One Really Cute Good Thing

When everything in my life seems to be headed south, I can always count on my one really cute good thing to cheer me up. My sweetE is guaranteed to say or do something that makes me laugh and want to hug him and remind him how much I love him.

I took him to Costco tonight, the Ped pantry was running low on pretty much everything. He takes after his father and will talk non-stop. I can just sit and listen and throw in the occasional, "wow" and he entertains me for the entire trip. He can make the most profound statements to silly, goofball statements in the same breath. Unfortunately, I don't remember most of the things he says, even though I attempt to.

Tonight, he shared with me that a boy in his class chews on his shoes. Collective "EWWWWW!" He then proceeded to tell me all the reasons that was a bad idea, most of them having to do with poop. That moved on to why slugs are grosser than worms (the slime).

Later I was informed that I do not push the cart as fast as daddy (he has longer legs....hello). But we zipped around the aisles anyway, while he gave me fashion advice. He got excited about sliced cheese and complained that the chicken nuggets were Mickey shapes when he wanted dinosaurs. In the cooler he shared his "warm" when I complained of being cold.

We ended the night with him polishing off a ice cream bar (he did share, but he ate 95% by himself). The boy may frustrate me at times, but I can't help but love him. I would seriously keep him five forever if it was possible.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Five forever is a sweet thought...but he'll grow into a little man who will be even more precious to you. Believe it or not, they only get better as they age.

JSLindgren said...

After a stressful fire-drill yesterday, one boy in the Kindergarten class said, "I like those fire hydrants!"

Ranell said...

He is a darling boy. A few days ago at school, he randomly said to Michael, "My head is bigger than yours!" Not that it matters to a five-year-old boy, but it had absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand ... if there is such a thing with this age group's conversations.

Jadie said...

Ahh! Too cute! Little boys are the best--espec. the talkative variety!