Sunday, November 15, 2009

Germs

Our house has been invaded by germs. The only member of the house that has escaped them is Velcro. And he is rapidly heading into geriatric dogdom, so he has his own issues.

These germs are insidious. Just when you think you have got them beat, and you enjoy a couple days of health, boom they come back. The boys have fevers and sniffles, coughs and congestion, aches and pains and whiny-ness galore. But, at least at the moment, there is nothing major or scary about their illnesses. But I want them to be well and happy again. Poor kids.

And I have been logging major hours in bed. I went from being the only healthy one to one of the sick in just a matter of hours. I spent a marathon 13 hours in bed one night and 12 the next. But all that sleep has done its job and I think I will be just fine. I even went for a 2 mile run this morning. Let's hope those germs don't come back for a second act with me!

2 comments:

Ranell said...

I find that exercise helps knock out any beginning bits of sickness I feel, so good job on the run!

Poor boys, I hope they are better soon. (And poor mom for having to care for sick kids.)

laurie said...

hey, so is all this exercise and running knocking out your migraines? or are you now able to run because the migraines have been knocked out by something else? either way i'm deeply impressed.