Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Golden Weekend

My three day weekend is rapidly coming to a close. And most of it has been down right wonderful.

The boys and I spent Friday dealing loose ends. We went to the bank and the credit union. We went shoe shopping. We managed to find a pair that sweetP loved and thought "felt good." My days of just bringing home shoes for him are over. I have to make sure he likes how they feel, or I am just throwing money away. Apparently sweetE is in that in between size so they only had one pair, and it was not a pair I would spend money for. We picked up lunch and headed to my work. The plan... Put a movie in for the boys and work like crazy until it was done. And it worked, and then some. The boys watched their movie and then entertained themselves. Three hours of work done with minimal interruptions, all things considered. Back home we all just hung out and played. Yeah!

My first project on Saturday was to get all of the plastics that I have been saving for the past six months to the master recycler event to be recycled. I am feeling pretty Earth friendly. Saturday was soccer central in our house. It was a beautiful fall day and we missed sweetP's practice because we were out working/playing in the yard. I got the roses trimmed and my willow partly trimmed and Ducky got the lawn mowed, the shed cleaned and the patio furniture stored for the winter. Then my friend, one of the original trio, came over with her little girl and we caught up. It is sad that we live so, relatively, close and don't get together that much. But it was fun to catch up and hang out like we used to so long ago before careers and kids intervened.

Today we headed to the pumpkin patch. The sun was shining, the sky was blue, the lines weren't too long. We rode the hay ride, found our pumpkins, took pictures and had fun with each other. We wandered through the corn maze and learned a some election trivia along the way. The boys tried pumpkin bowling.

Back at home, the yard got more attention and we attempted to get caught up on home projects. I scrubbed the shower liner, rather than buy a new one. The boys were being extra helpful trying to earn Mommy money. They earn fake dollars for being kind, helpful and honest. Then they can trade them in for some kind of activity. SweetP earned enough for a family movie night with treats. So I am off to eat dinner so we can watch a movie together tonight.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Glad you could make the most of the gorgeous weather.

Potty Mummy said...

'Pumpkins', plural. What do you do with them all? I struggle to handle one if it turns up in our veg box, and soup is almost always involved - much to Boy #1's disgust.(And if you're someone who makes your own pumpkin pie from scratch, hats off to you!)

ped crossing said...

pm- We carve them and then compost them. I don't cook them. Maybe someday.

laurie said...

feels good to get all those chores done, doesn't it? and a visit to the pumpkin patch! fun.