Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Best Ideas

I have been informed by sweetE about where the best ideas come from.

The other day he was telling me some story or idea or something. As usual the main theme was toots as we call them in our house. I have reached my limit on the amount of poo, pee and toot stories I can tolerate. No amount of kindly asking him to please not talk about that anymore has slowed the flow of stories.

So when he launched into a new one, I kind of lost it. Using the angry, stern (but not yelling) voice, I told him that I was sick of hearing about toots. And then I watched his face fall, his lip protrude, the tears well up and face start to get blotchy. He turned around and slowly walked away. I heard him go up the stairs.

I called Ducky and told him that I made sweetE sad. But that I was so sick of hearing about the products of his tush. Then I headed upstairs to make it all better. I found him in his bed, covers pulled up to his chin, thumb in mouth, curled up in a little ball. For a boy who enjoys grossing us out, he can be so sensitive.

So we started to chat, and he told me that it was his best idea.

me: What is your best idea?

sweetE: From my tush.

me: What?

sweetE: They come from my tush.

me: You get your best ideas from your tush?

sweetE: yeth.

me: sweetE, you get your best ideas from your brain.

sweetE: No, they come out my tush.

me: sweetE, your brain gives you all kinds of ideas.

sweetE: But they go like this(showing how they travel down the body).... and come out my tush.

And I had to keep from laughing, because this was a serious conversation and he was already sad.

1 comment:

LCM said...

We have been discussing with the girls about how only little kids love butt stories. We started talking about some joke and they mentioned and we said, only kids laugh at butts, and here they both giggled....proving the point. I could hear a LOT less about that stuff myself.