Thursday, June 4, 2009

Speeding Ticket


If there was a police officer out there, my life would be getting pulled over any minute now. I am going to wake up tomorrow to the last day of school. And I will be crying out, "But wait, I haven't taught you X, Y or Z yet!" But we will be sending them off to middle school and it will be someone else's turn to teach and inspire and worry about them.

Even thought there are two weeks left before that day, I feel like it is tomorrow. The number of special events and interruptions have cut the amount of time we have to wrap things up in half. On one hand I am so ready to be done, but on the other I just need more time.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I remember how my mom felt toward the end of school; you've captured it perfectly.

My kids' last day was May 29. Your last day seems kind of late to me. Did you have a late start or lots of bad weather?

ped crossing said...

We always start after Labor day and then we are making up 5 snow days. We were supposed to be done June 12. It will get here.

laurie said...

deadlines: this is how deadlines *always* feel.