Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Honesty, 4 Year Old Style

Exhibit One:
My sweetE got scared of a noise this morning while I was taking a shower. So he came and hung out in the bathroom with me. No big deal, until he pulled back the shower curtain and said, "I see your huge bum." Um, thank you. Note to self, work on teaching him tact. Truth be told that in comparison to his tiny tush, mine is huge. However, I don't need the reminder.

Exhibit Two:
I was getting coffee before heading to work. It was unusually busy today, so there was a line. While I waited patiently in line, a cute little girl says to her mom, "Mommy, that lady is beautiful." Ahhh, thanks. I later learned that she liked my skirt, and that she had a skirt at home. Little did she know she made my day. Either her mom, or the mom's friend made a comment about holding her breath once she started to make that comment. Because with 4 year olds, you never know what is going to come out of their mouth. See exhibit one. I told her that I have a four year old and that I completely understood. Note to self, pull myself together more often, because I did look good today.

4 comments:

K kid said...

Kinda reminds me of when my 5 year old happily exclaimed "Mommy, you have another baby in your tummy!" one day when my baby was 8 months old. Note to self: try to get rid of post-partum tummy eventually....

Anonymous said...

You always look good/hot. :-)
-Ducky

JSLindgren said...

Were you wearing your glasses? I just ordered a pair not very different from yours. My FIVE! year-old joined me as I was finishing up in the bathroom yesterday. His comment? "I see your weird tummy." Stretch marks are not nice.
BTW give me a call 'cause I can never remember when you're home!

Jane said...

4 yr olds - gotta love 'em!
Award for you at my place.